CSC2210 - Computer Architecture (Fall 2018)
From Maryville College CS Wiki
|Prerequisites||CSC111 - Introduction to Computer Science I|
|Offered||Every even numbered fall|
|Catalog Description||Introduction to computer organization and architecture. Hardware components, representation of data, digital logic, machine languages, and microprogramming.|
|Syllabus||Fall 2018 Syllabus|
Materials and Links
- Small Computer Handbook (1970)
- Introduction to Programming
- 1965 Pocket Reference
- 1974 Pocket Reference
- 8080 Instruction Set (pdf)
- Kill The Bits Source Code
- Altair Operator's Manual
- Altair Clone Homepage Lots of manuals, videos, and discussions about the altair 8800.
- Using the Altair SIMH Simulator
- Online Simulator Flip switches with your mouse!
6502 / Apple 1 Information
- napple1 - A guide to running napple1 on our smc server.
- Pom1 - An emulator for your computer and/or android phone.
- Apple 1 Manual - The original Apple 1 manual. Go here for the real 1970's experience!
- WOZMON - Some information about the venerable Apple 1 ROM Monitor. Includes a source listing!
- 6502 Instruction Reference - Awesome early 80's reference sheet.
- 6502 Instant Reference - Another 6502 Reference Card (includes a nifty ASCII reference!)
- Super Mario Brothers Dissasembled! - This is a fan-disassembled version of the source code to super mario brothers. Presented here under academic fair use for you to see how NES games were once created.
- 6502 In Terminator - Proof that kiler AI's from the future will be based on the venerable old processor!
- PDP-8 Programs (Due September 4, 2018)
- Altair Programs (Due September 20, 2018)
- 6502 Programs (Due September 27, 2018)
- Arm Programs (Due October 4, 2018)
- Project Part 1 - Instruction Set Design (Due October 9, 2018)
- Project Part 2 - ALU Design (Due October 18, 2018)
- Project Part 3 - Registers and Internal Bus Design (Due November 6, 2018)
- Project Part 4 - Machine Code and Machine Cycles (Due November 8, 2018)
- Project Part 5 - Control Unit (Single Instruction) (Due November 20, 2018)
- Project Part 6 - Finishing The Control Unit (Due November 29, 2018)
- Project Part 7 - Making it Your Own (Due December 4, 2018)