Final Exam Review
From Maryville College CS Wiki
- What is recursion?
- Be able to write a recursive function.
- What are the major steps in the backtracking algorithm?
- What sorts of problems can you solve using the backtracking algorithm?
- Be able to write a backtracking solution to a given problem.
- What are exceptions?
- How do you throw exceptions?
- Be able to write a try catch block.
- How do you handle different types of exceptions?
- Know the best practices for exception handling.
- Be able to create a custom class for an exception.
- What is a debugger?
- Know the major commands of GDB (break, run, cont, next, step).
- How do you compile a program so that it will be able to be run in a debugger?
- What is the call stack?
- What is a buffer overrun and why are they dangerous?