CSC381 - Theory of Computation
From Maryville College CS Wiki
|Name||Theory of Computation|
|Offered||Fall of every odd numbered year. (2015, 2017, etc.) or sometimes the Spring of an even numbered year (like 2020).|
|Catalog Description||A study of theoretical models of computing, including finite state machines, pushdown automata, context-free grammars, and Turing machines. The concepts of decidability, complexity theory, and NP-Completeness will be studied in depth.|
|Syllabus||Spring 2020 Syllabus|
- On an Elementary Question in the Theory of Manifolds. Georg Cantor 1891. Translated by Peter P Jones (2019)
- The Crisis in the Foundation of Mathematics by Jose Ferreiros. Chapter II.7 of Princeton Companion to Mathematics. Princeton University Press. 2008
- Principia Mathematica by A. N. Whitehead and Bertrand Russell
- On Formally Undecidable Propositions of Principia Mathematica. Kurt Godel 1931. Translated by Meltzer.
- Alternate translation of Sections 1 and 2. Kurt Godel 1931. Translated by Martin Hirzel.
Peer Reviewed Papers
- Peer Review Paper 1 is Due February 28, 2020 (See MCTOC for inspiration.